🔥 Thales - Eclipse Predictor Set is one of the strongest Fire / TDM set in the game. It has been the only stigmata to provide increased Fire DMG Taken debuff for a long time, until Leeuwenhoek arrived.This article will review Thales in the current patch v3.8.
- Thales T provides unconditional 25% Total DMG Multiplier (TDM), so any valk can use it.
- 15% Fire DMG is nice. This means Fire valks get the most out of this piece.
- Usually paired with mid piece for 2set effect.
- Single-piece comparison:
- Higokumaru T - provides 45% Fire DMG, higher than Thales. However, Thales excel in providing a mix of TDM and Fire DMG, which seems to be the preferred mix buffs for end-game currently.
- Leeuwenhoek T - Provides 16% TDM and 20% Fire DMG. Very close to Thales, we will discuss Lee vs Thales later.
- Thales M provides 20% Fire DMG Taken Multiplier, one of the rare debuffs in the game. That's one of the reasons Thales M is preferred for any Fire DPS valks.
- Currently, Thales M is mostly paired with Leeuwenhoek 2set, which provides another 15% Fire DMG Taken Multiplier.
- The buffs are independent, and they multiply with each other, which means you get 20% x 15% = 38% Fire DMG Taken. That's the highest you can get from stigmata!
- Gives 15% ATK SPD which can be used on any valk, such as Shadow Knight. Although, there are a lot of stigmatas that already provide ATK SPD. For example, Fu Hua Outing (B) and Seele (B).
- Overall, not a very useful piece.
- Gives 50% TDM for Charged ATKs and 30% TDM for Ultimate / Burst Mode ATKs for 5s.
- 2-set is usually achieved with Thales TM , providing all the TDM, Fire DMG and Fire DMG Taken buffs.
- Great on Blood Rose, Vermilion Knight due to their Charged + Ultimate plasytyle.
Thales 2set charge cooldown indicator
- Gives a lot of minor defensive boost for 5s.
- Overall, not very useful
Valkyrie Gloria, Vermilion Knight, Blood Rose and Flame Sakitama
- Thales is generally useful for all Fire DPS valks.
WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
- Thales TM provides a lot of TDM for generally any Charged + Ultimate Valks. So it can be equipped on some Charged + Burst Mode valks like Herrscher of Reason. Just as an alternative option. Not the most recommended use.
COMPARISON WITH LEEUWENHOEK
In v3.8, a new mixed Fire set is added to the game - Leeuwenhoek, which provides very close multipliers to Thales. So, which one is better?
As you can see, Lee TB Thales M provides
- The highest ATK
- The highest Fire DMG Taken buff
- The highest TDM if the valk does not rely on Charged ATK.
Currently, Leeuwenhoek TB Thales M is the best on a lot of Fire valks. Only Blood Rose is the only Fire Valk left to prefer Thales TM Fuxi B due to her long Ultimate Duration.
Comparison of An-Utu damage:
Left: Thales TM Fuxi B. Right: Leeuwenhoek TB Thales M
There is roughly 20% DMG difference between the two setups.
VK vs Argent Knight boss (Thales TM) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfajdE8Mz8
VG vs Myriad mobs (Thales M) https://youtu.be/EIaAzvFNeMM
VK vs Argent Knight boss https://www.bilibili.com/video/av89894547?zw
VK vs Herrscher of the Void https://www.bilibili.com/video/av91600219?zw
- Thales TM is a powerful Fire / TDM set. 🔥
- Thales M is one of the rare pieces to provide increased Fire DMG taken. 🔥🔥
- Thales M is also compatible with the newer Leeuwenhoek set.🔥🔥🔥
🔥Overall, Thales is still a great Fire / TDM set. If you already have it, then you can keep using it and can afford skipping Leeuwenhoek. 🔥
However if you have to choose between pulling Thales and Leeuwenhoek first, I have to recommend pulling Leeuwenhoek first.